-Salt Marsh Studios -
The Old Wharf was constructed at Dixon's Landing in 1840s. The local businessmen used it to export lumber, grindstones, and building stones. The entry, 'Sackville Wharf' in Canaada's Historic Places gives more information about the Sackville wharf. This image of the old wharf shows the former Lieutenant Governor of New Brunswick, Josiah Wood standing upon a trestle that connected the New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island railway line to the old wharf (1908). For more information consult 'Sackville Then and Now', book by Kip Jackson & Charlie Scobie p. 16.
Image Source: Al Smith