In December 1924 the New Brunswick Telephone Company opened its new telephone exchange in Sackville, New Brunswick. The building was designed by architect F. Neil Brody of Saint John. It is a brick building with olive stone trimming. In 1961 another one storey structure was erected behind the main telephone exchange to accommodate the expanded needs due to change over to dial equipment. In 1963 the Maritime Conference of the United Church of Canada took over this building and used it as their head office. The image shows front of the New Brunswick Telephone Company Limited office at 32 York Street, Sackville, New Brunswick from across York Street, [ca. 1947](reproduced 2011).
Image Source: Mt. Allison University Archives – 2011.18/10